baby

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

a little of life in japan

so i've been in Japan for a couple of days now... and i feel like its both so similar and yet so different from home.

here are some ways that Japan is different than Canada:

Toliets. Yep. First of all, the "western style" toliets all have "washing features." When I first got to Karis' house and went to the bathroom it had a panel of buttons on one side so I thought that one of them meant flush (of course I couldn't read anything because it was all written in characters). The water started spraying up at me! No matter what button I pressed, water sprayed and it still didn't flush! Finally I had to close the lid and go ask Karis! It was quite a mess!

Then there a Japanese style toliets, where essentially you squat. Yesterday on the bus tour we went on (which went to some really Japanese parts of Japan (ie so english letters on anything, no western anything)), I had to use the Japanese style toliets! I was able to do it, but I still can't use them "properly".

The other funny bathroom thing about the bus tour, is that it was really important to go to the bathroom every stop, even if the stops were all only 30 or 60 minutes apart!

Vending Machines they have them everywhere for everything! Including vending machines with french fries and chicken huggets!!

Some others things I wanted to comment on were:
bare feet
names of cars
cherry blossoms

and my new motto (stolen from Karis)
"I'll eat it if I can!"

But I have to go so I will try to explain more later!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?